Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Mother's Love


I thought of you and closed my eyes

And prayed to God today.

I asked what makes a Mother

And I know I heard him say.


A Mother has a baby

This we know is true.

But God can you be a Mother

When your baby's not with you?


Yes, you can He replied

With confidence in His voice.

I give many women babies

When they leave is not their choice.


Some I send for a lifetime

And others for a day.

Benjamin was just so perfect

There was no need to stay.


I just don't understand this, God

I want my baby here.

He meant the world to all of us

And I really need him near.


I wish I could show you

What your child is doing today.

If you could see his beautiful smile

And with other children say


"We go to earth to learn our lessons

Of love and life and fear.

My Mommy loved me oh so much

I got to come back here.


I feel so lucky to have a Mom

Who has so much love for me.

I learned my lesson very quickly

My Mommy set me free.


I miss my Mommy oh so much

But I visit her each day.

When she goes to sleep

On her pillow is where I lay.


I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek

And whisper in her ear.

Mommy don't be sad today

I'm your baby and I'm here.


"So you see my dear sweet one

Your baby is okay.

Your little Benjamin is here in My home

And this is where he'll stay.


He'll wait for you in heaven

Until your lesson is through.

And on the day that you come home

He'll be here waiting for you.


Oh the joy you two will have

As you embrace and hug so tight.

You'll never be apart again

And all will be alright.


So now you see what makes a Mother

It's the feeling in your heart.

It's the love you've had so much of

Right from the very start.


-Anonymous


9 comments:

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

Wow, you need to frame that picture and that poem!! what a special poem that is!! i always know i'll get emotional on here because its so precious and sacred to you and those that love you! thanks for sharing!

Katy said...

I love that! I'm going to pass that on to my mom. (I don't know if you remember, but they lost a little girl a few years ago too). I LOVE the picture too!

Julie said...

Simply beautiful. thank you.

Anonymous said...

Wow. It's perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Anna said...

That is so touching-thank you for sharing that. I'll always think of his little smile.

Marylin said...

You do not know me, I found you off of Stephanie Waite's blog and I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss! This picture pulls at my heart because it made me think of my little boy, it would pain me beyond what I can imagine to lose him. Prayers and love to you and your family.

Devin and Elisa said...

What a special poem! Any mother will tear up as we read it. Thanks for your sharing with us. All the difficult experiences we have help those around us. Thank you for your strength!

The Clews Crew said...

That's such a beautiful poem. I can't read it again or I'll really be a mess, I'm already crying. Thanks for sharing. Love you.

Allie said...

That picture is preiceless! Perfect for the poem. I agree you should frame them both. love you!