Monday, December 22, 2008

A Special Song

While on my misssion in Florida I had some talented sister missionaries that I served with, one was my trainer Sister Garrett. At the time she shared with me songs she had composed and recorded and I was in awe by the beautiful music with such touching lyrics. Recently I was thinking about these songs when I remembered one that touched my heart. The lyrics just really echo thoughts and feeling Richard and I have talked about a lot so I thought I would share them....
Heaven
Composed by Erin (Garrett) Hatch

You used to be near to me, I wonder how you're doing for now you're home in heaven.
So many things you gave me, but most of all you're memory is burned in me forever.
What is it like to be surrounded by so many loving faces you've nit seen for sometime?
No doubt you are progressing to higher grounds where you'll be found in God's kingdom.
So when I hear a child sing and feel the peace surround me that must be like home in heaven.

Chorus:
That is the key to where you'll be awaiting me in heaven, in heaven, I'll find you there in heaven.

When sunbeams fall from the sky and find me to dry my eyes
I'll remember you in heaven.
For God would not want me to spend all my life missing you
for soon we'll be together.
So let us rejoice on the friendship we have that
we established on this earth and its built to last.
Think happy thoughts on spending eternity with family and soon with me.
So put a smile on your face and I will do just the same for
I'll see you in heaven.

Chorus:
That is the key to where you'll be awaiting me in heaven, in heaven, I'll find you there in heaven.

I'll see you again in heaven.

2 comments:

Steve and Allison said...

i got tears reading this. he is such a wonderful little boy and was such a joy when he came over. is this your regular blog? i tried to find you again but it didn't work at lafleursinidaho

Anna said...

Hey you!!! I'll bet Christmas with your little girl was bittersweet-but don't worry cause Ben was probably up in Heaven gettin some super presents from all his ancestors :)

Have you heard that Kenny Chesney song? That one is way good too. I think about Ben when I hear that.